Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) is the English Language proficiency tests to get into U.S., Canadian, French, German, Australian, New Zealand, the U.K., and Asian Universities for a higher degree.
It is owned and administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS).
The test will be scored on a 0-30 scale for each section, and 0-120 for the total score.
Format of TOEFL:
|Test Section||Tasks/ Questions/Time|
|Reading||3-4 reading passages
10 questions each
|Listening||3-4 lectures, 6 questions each
2-3 conversations, 5 questions each
There will be a 10-minute break between the Listening and Speaking sections.
Preparation for TOEFL:
- Follow the TOEFL Official book by ETS.
- Follow Magoosh flashcards and videos.
- For vocabulary building and reading comprehension, your preparation for GRE is enough if you have already prepared for it. If not see the GRE Test section of this website.
- For speaking and listening:
- Follow YouTube channel like TED Talk, Note full TOEFL Mastery, Magoosh, etc
- Download apps like Magoosh, English Talk, FluentU, SpeakingPal, Speaklar, VOA Learning English, and also use the default speaker of iOS and Android.
5. For Writing:
- Make a daily habit of writing articles, essays, poems, opinions.
- You can share your articles through our Kaaphal Articles.
6. Visit: USEF Nepal
7. Take as many mock tests as you can.
Registration for TOEFL test in Nepal:
- Registration for the TOEFL can be done through the official ETS website.
- You can book TOEFL dates and venues through them after paying fees through local banks.
- The cost of the TOEFL in Nepal is $185.
For more information :